Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Real Talk

My friends and I do something called "Real Talk". The concept of Real Talk: It's something you say to someone that is blatantly true and honest, but maybe they don't exactly want to hear it. You always have to say "Real Talk" before and after so they know you're not being mean.

Real Talk.
I'm a fatass that just gained two pounds. I shouldn't have weighed myself today because I'm bloated as fuck, BUT I did. And the scale says 163.5, seriously?? And instead of blaming my monthly friend, I'm going to blame the TWO meals I ate yesterday.
Real Talk: "Your body craves what you give it." Tomorrow is a liquid fast day.

NEXT....

Real Talk.
Fucking Tubaboy texts me last night before my lesson and says that WE need to talk about something. I was too busy last night, and honestly didn't want to bring it up, so this morning he does. He says his girlfriend is uncomfortable that we talk- not because of our past, which he keeps calling "lil past", but because of how I said some things behind her back. I'm sorry, since when do bullies get to complain about people talking about them behind their backs? I'm pretty sure when you are a royal bitch to someone, they get to talk about you all they want. So he asks me to TALK TO HER. What the hell? I'm sorry, but I'm not letting this pseudo-i.want.in.your.pants.-friendship I have with him change who I am. So I real talked him and let him know that NO I am not going to text her, talk to her, or bring up the past and that I get to confront bullies on my own terms. But that, yes, I would go for drinks with them AND a big group of people and have a conversation with her so she can see I'm normal.
Real Talk: You may control your girlfriend, but you don't control me.

AND....

Real Talk
I. need. to. practice. more. What happened to four hours a day on my flute? How the hell do I think I'm going to play an hour long recital all by myself if I don't put more time in? I had a fabulous lesson yesterday, flute boot camp kicked my ass as usual, but I can't let good times make me think I'm keeping up. I need to feel behind, which I do. Recital is in three weeks and two days. Fucking keep up.
Real Talk: It will be embarrassing if you fuck this up.

And a new Real Talk addiction:
http://whyareyousofat.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

NabilaHazirah said...

i like the first "Real Talk". Its sorta like making a a plan for yourself. :)


xx

b. said...

Thanks :-)