My roommate moved in last weekend, but she's still working in her hometown, so she won't officially be here until this weekend. Her dad set up our internet and it came in the mail today. So I am good to go. :-)
Last week I got my first parking ticket. I don't know what it is with all these tickets.... but this one wasn't actually my fault. I put four hours worth of change in the meter and went into the library. I watched the meter count up my change and then I watched it start to count down. I come out of the library four hours later and I got a parking ticket for parking at a broken meter... No, there wasn't a sign. No, it wasn't broken. But the ticket was given an hour after I parked, so it must have broken while I was inside. I took it to the police station and filled out a meter incident form, so maybe they won't make me pay it...
I went to the farmers market yesterday by the town square and bought plums, peaches, tomatoes, and a huge watermelon. The plums are especially fantastic. Haven't cut into the watermelon... I thought fresh fruit would inspire me to eat more fruit and less everything else, and it's working :-)
Still fluctuating at the 156-158 mark. I always feel terrible at the 158 because I think it will go back over 160 again. That would be TERRRRRRIBLE. I would REALLY like to be at 153 when school stars on the 27th. I think it's entirely possible. I read in my nutrition class that it's a realistic goal to want to lose 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week. So the loss of 2 pounds is realistic... and I can always add another, right? haha 3 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks is totally doable. I just have to get back to the gym. I've been so busy, but I can make time.
My new goals in practicing (Yes, I'm a flutist) are 5 hours a day. I've been doing pretty okay in the past week. I have ensemble auditions coming up and I really really want to make an orchestra instead of a band. It's not that they are harder to get into than bands, it's just that it's a separate entity. You can't just go in and play the music, you have to know what the rest of the orchestra is playing while you're standing alone on some stage playing for a panel of judges. Anyways, here was part of last week:
8/5: 3 hours
8/6: 5 1/2 hours
8/7: 5 hours
8/8: 6 1/2 hours
8/9: 2 hours (wtf)
8/10: 6 hours
I want to be accountable for this too, so I'll post here. Much love to you all! Stay strong and healthy and beautiful.
B.
1 comment:
Hopefully you don't have to pay. It wasn't even your fault!
And wow, you've been practising SO much! I bet you're really good. :)
Post a Comment