We had Christmas at my mom's house last night. She's going out of town in a few days with her fiancé until after New Year's Day. For the most part, it went well. The tree was beautiful and my puppy was so excited. (She's a weenie dog.) My brother, brother's girlfriend, mom, D., and I participated in the celebration. We opened our stockings, which had mostly candy and socks; D. got a movie. She made dinner for everyone and even made a separate vegetarian one for me.

Then, the presents. My mom bought me clothes that are too small. She says she knows they are too small, but she likes to buy a little small so I can have a goal. I wear a Medium and she bought all Smalls. She called me fat at least four times that evening. In front of everyone. It was really upsetting, but I'm trying not to let it bother me. I know I'm curvy, but I've been trying to appreciate my body since D. and I had that talk. It's just kind of hard when mom does something like this.

So now, I have a box full of clothes that are too small for me. Give them away? or use them as "goal clothes" like she said? Why is Christmas so hard?
Stay strong and beautiful,
xoxo,
b.
12/21/2010
*update* I changed the URL to my blog. I hope it hasn't messed anyone up in their subscriptions. I felt someone might be reading that shouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment