
Anyways, so this girlfriend of his is a former student of my professor. She's hiding her marriage because my professor believes that it's a career ender. My professor has seen too many students get pregnant or married and given up on the flute. I understand the logic and it kind of hit me really hard. What if something happens to me and I have to give up my dreams?
Of course, this led to a freak out. On my way home from work I bought a pregnancy test. I haven't taken it yet, but if my period is late (like last month) I might have to use it. I have no reason to think there is a serious possibility that I could be, but the thought of changing my status from a professional musician to "mommy" freaks the hell out of me. I know I must sound crazy, but I want to study in Prague with all I have. It's a dream and I want to follow it.

Follow your dreams, ladies. Don't let anything stand in your way.
Stay strong and beautiful,
B.
2 comments:
I let becoming a mommy stand in my way - my son is 4 now and I'm finally finding my way back. I try to only look at it as a minor bump in the road, or a short detour.
If I ever meet a man I want to spend my life with, we will certainly elope - but only if he earns the approval of my little man.
I want to elope so badly. It seems like the right thing to do sometimes. It feels like you're breaking away from life.
Hope that test goes well, don't be too stressed over about.
Stay beautiful xo
Post a Comment