Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beethoven

I took a 45 minute walk this morning in the rain.  I would have kept going, but my jeans were sticking to my legs and the damp air started to make me cough.  I listened to Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 the entire way and finished it in my room in the hostel. (For you nonmusicians, it's the one with Ode to Joy and the chorus in the fourth movement)  He is my favorite composer.  I adore everything he wrote and cherish every biography I own about him.  Last week I visited the Lobkowicz Palace in Prague and saw a first edition of the Eroica Symphony and a manuscript of Symphony No.5. (The Eroica was originally written for Napoleon, but when he crowned himself Emperor, it pissed Beethoven off so he dramatically ripped out the dedication page and made a new one dedicating it to Prince Lobkowicz.  Symphony No. 5 is the famous one on the Buggs Bunny cartoons... da da da duhhhhhh)

Restricting is getting easier because I pass out after my walks and then go practice.  I still feel like everything is too much, though.  Please GOD don't let me gain any weight here.  I need a fucking scale or I might go crazy.

My friend showed me this.  It cracks me up.  He lost 60 pounds...hahaha



Oh and I'm in love with everything in this Esty Store

1 comment:

clytie said...

A walk in the rain while listening to music you love sounds so lovely. And that esty store is amazing! I now want want want too!!