Saturday, January 1, 2011

self

Hello ladies,

I hope you all had a fantastic New Year's celebration. For some reason, two pounds popped up on the scale since my last post... so I'll just ignore them for now because I think they have something to do with accidentally skipping a birth control pill and bloating up... Anyways, I have a new plan for the New Year!


We're back to counting calories! There are these awesome recipes on self.com that include calories, fat, carb, fiber, and protein counts. So, for now, I've been cooking off of that website. Still vegetarian and small portions. It's amazing so far. I feel like I'm eating so much, but when I count the calories, it's not so bad.

A recall of the last three days:

Thursday
B: Pumpkin bread with cream cheese and coffee
Snack: almonds
L: Spinach and Mushroom enchiladas (from my favorite restaurant), tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, black beans, rice
D: left overs from lunch
Totals
1740 calories, 68.5 g fat, 230 carbs, 37 g fiber, 65 g protein
Fitness
1 hour brisk walking the dogs with D: 298 calories burned

Friday
B:Pumpkin bread with cream cheese and coffe
Snack: applesauce, tea, multigrain pringles
L: nothing
D: white rice, eggs, whole wheat tortilla, hot sauce with cheesecake for dessert
drinks: 2 smirnoff for New Years
Totals
1638 calories, 40 g fat, 235 carbs (thank you smirnoff), 9 g fiber, 32 g protein
Fitness
1 hour brisk walk with D: 246 calories burned

Saturday
B: Strawberry yogurt and coffee
snack: snow peas and greek yogurt dip
L: Avocado, kiwi, corn, and shrimp salad and a mango and banana smoothie with skim milk
D: Zucchini, Mushroom, and Tomato with whole-wheat spaghetti
dessert: half coffee/half skim milk latte with a piece of milk chocolate
Totals
1365 calories, 36 g fat, 200 carbs, 26 g fiber, 55 g protein
Fitness:
none, but the gym opens on Monday!

So as I get used to using this tracker, my intake is getting slightly less and I'm getting more fiber and protein. It's like I'm being programmed to eat differently. Hopefully, this will help me to change my eating habits and lose weight... which are both my resolutions.


Best wishes to all of you in your resolutions.

Stay strong and beautiful,
xoxo,
b.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds great to me, babe!!
<3