Thursday, September 30, 2010

mimada

Vegetarian has been easy so far. I'm not craving meat, but I have decided to keep eating fish. I've lost a lot of weight too. Thank goodness. I'm starting to notice the difference in my body. :-]

Boy is wonderful, he went home for the weekend... to another country... so I'm just trying to be as productive as possible this weekend. I really miss him. I'm not really sure what we are or how/if we're going to make it work, but I really like him. I know he likes me too. In Spanish, there are two forms of "I love you"... "te quiero", which is more than "i like you" and then "te amo" which is more than "te quiero". He says "te quiero" to me and totally spoils me.

Went to the doctor today for my yearly woman's visit. I'm on birth control pills, but I'm thinking about getting this this they put in your cervix. It lasts for 5 years and protects against pregnancy. I'm still reading about it... what do y'all use for birth control?

Got to go for now... I hope you are all doing well!
b.

5 comments:

Audri said...

It's awesome that everything is going so well for you! (: I always like reading your blog.

For birth control I use depo provera. It's a shot that you get every 3 months, there are potentially not so pleasant side effects but my experience with it has been good. It can stop your periods (stopped mine after just one month on it.) which is always a plus. It can lead to weight gain (I've gone up and down weight wise and have been able to lose weight past the weight I was when I started it so it didn't seem to effect me too much.) It does deplete calcium levels so it's highly recommended to take calcium supplements if you don't regularly eat the proper amount of calcium. You can easily forget about this factor but it's not too hard to remember to take a pill in the morning with breakfast. (I can only swallow pills with ice cream, childish, but definitely a plus to my day ;)

Just some information for ya! hope everything continues to be awesome (: Good luck with the boy.

Kat said...

I have one of those - an IUD. It's great, it's very low dose hormonally, I don't really get periods anymore which is amazing, but on the hugely negative side, depending on the size of the guy/position, he'll be able to feel the two wires digging up into him. (There are two little metal strings that are meant to sit outside the cervix so you can make sure it's still there).

I can't remember the name, but there are these little plastic rings that are like the half-way point between IUDs and the OCP; they are a lot lower dose than the OCP, but you have to put one in every month for 3 weeks, and then take it out.

xx Kat

v. said...

Glad to hear that the vegetarian diet is working out so far.
That's so lovely about the boy, you seem like someone who deserves to be spoilt (:
As for birth control... my boy uses rubbers.... and that's about it :S Not too safe, but I seem to always gain weight when on any type of birth control.

xx v

Mich said...

Glad to hear everything's going well for you! :D
I used to be on a low-hormone pill called Femcon, but then my a-hole dr forgot to call in and renew it at the pharmacy, so I had to go without it for a month. She said to start taking the new ones after my next period, but that was in June and I haven't gotten my period since. :/
But birth control is awesome no matter what you get, I think. My monthlies were sooo bad before I started it. My sis uses the IUD and says it's great.

Sarah said...

This is so lovely, gorgeous. I'm so happy for you.
I take the pill, and it's great. But still, it's annoying having to remember to take it every day.
An implant would be totally cool.
<3